Sunday, April 29, 2012

Maggie's Last Coup

Maggie has caught her last mouse and emptied her last locked trashcan. In spite of cancer, she lived to  fourteen and a half and was always happy. I wish I knew her secret. Her outlook on life, though simplistic, was always much better than mine.  Like most dogs, she found joy in the little things: a treat, a belly rub, dinner, a walk, and sunshine. She loved unconditionally. Forgiveness was guaranteed. Maybe, unconditional love and forgiveness is the universal truth we all seek.
RIP, Maggie. You made our little corner of the world a better place.

6 comments:

Yogi said...

Rest in pease little maggie!
My condolences.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Yogi. We appreciate it.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Oh Sandra, I'm so very sorry. I know how you feel. I know you'll miss her. Thinking of you.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Julia. We appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Lovely dog. Rip Maggie

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Amarinda. Appreciate it.